We want to take this opportunity to recognize and congratulate 12 Oklahoma hospitals on meeting or exceeding Newborn Screening goals of 2% or less for unsatisfactory specimens over a 6-month period (September 2019 thru February 2020).
Five hospitals have sustained 6 months of unsatisfactory specimens below 2%:
- Eastern Oklahoma Medical Center
- INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
- INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center
- Saint Francis Hospital
- St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center.
Seven hospitals have sustained unsatisfactory specimens below 2% in 5 out of 6 months:
- Ascension Jane Phillips Medical Center
- Bailey Medical Center
- Hillcrest Hospital Claremore
- Lakeside Women’s Center
- Norman Regional Health System
- Stillwater Medical Center.
- The Children’s Hospital at OUMC
Your diligence helps reduce the occurrences of missed or delayed diagnosis and therefore reduce morbidity or mortality in newborns. For more information on NBS visit our website.