In the setting of the national opioid epidemic, the Section on Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine’s TECaN Group (Trainees and Early Career Neonatologists) is engaging in a national effort to empower and educate providers about Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome.
The #NavigatingNAS Campaign will feature four quarters, each devoted to a different aspect of the continuum of neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS). Each quarter will provide educational materials for clinical practice and resources for families in addition to webinars, podcasts, and social media outreach.
Current webinar topics include:
- Statewide Early Intervention Programs – Where are we and where are we headed?
- Beyond Shorter Hospital Stay for Infants with NAS
- A New Scoring System for NAS
- Novel Tools for Caring for Infants with NAS: The Eat, Sleep, Console Experience
- Infants with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Born to Incarcerated Mothers: Clinical and Ethical
- Opioid Use Disorder & Pregnancy: Providing Care During the Opioid Epidemic
- How Does Policy Affect the Care of Infants with NAS?