Why HIGH RISK OB ECHO?
- High Risk OB ECHO provides education, training and consultation utilizing the Project ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) model to support the State Maternal Health Innovation Program.
- For the past 18 years in the state of Oklahoma, an average of 11 women died of complications related to pregnancy every year.
- Nationally, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 700 women die every year related to a pregnancy or from delivery complications.
- Most maternal deaths happen before or soon after the mother has given birth, usually within a few weeks or months postpartum.
- According to March of Dimes, 41 out of 77 counties in Oklahoma are classified as maternity care deserts with no birthing hospital and no obstetrician- gynecologist or certified nurse midwife to provide care.
First and Third Thursdays of every month, 12(Noon) to 1pm Central Time. To Join this ECHO session registration is a one-time requirement, once registered you will receive the zoom meeting link.
Click here to register for Project Echo. To Join this ECHO session registration is a one-time requirement, once registered you will receive the zoom meeting link.
- Hypertensive diseases of pregnancy
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Cardiac conditions in pregnancy
- Asthma in pregnancy
- Maternal sepsis
- Opioid use disorder/ Substance abuse in pregnancy
- HIV in pregnancy
- Thyroid disease
- Mental health in pregnancy (depression, anxiety)
- Trauma in pregnancy
Submit a Case
To present a case at an upcoming High Risk OB TeleECHO clinic, email email@example.com to request an ECHO ID number. You will receive an ID and the case presentation form.
AOA Category 1 Credits available for the following providers:
- Osteopathic Physicians
- Oklahoma Registered Nurses
- Oklahoma Nurse Practitioners
- Nurse Practitioners certified through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Oklahoma Physician Assistants
Those requesting credits from the AOA, and all other licensees, must complete the session evaluation.
The session evaluation is not be completed until after the session is over.