Training Description: The Screening for Opioid Misuse/Abuse Training will provide participants with practical information about the use of best practice and validated screening instruments for risky opioid use. The training will cover multiple screening instruments, presenting the diverse purposes and contexts that each one might serve. In addition to learning about validated instruments, participants will have the opportunity to practice using them, including scoring and determining appropriate responses based on a patient’s screening results. Lastly, the training will discuss key issues and practical considerations related to the integration of risky opioid use screening in health care settings.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of the training, participants will have achieved the following learning objectives:
- identify validated opioid screening instruments
- differentiate between the different uses of the screening tools
- apply and practice scoring opioid screening instruments
- interpret screening results and identify the appropriate response
- identify and apply strategies for engaging patients who score positive on opioid screening tools
PROMO CODE: TICOMP25