1. DATA PORTAL ACCESS
Hospital users enter both structure and process measure data. See those sections of this page for more information.
Click on “User Administration” under “Admin Tools”. There is a button to “Invite a new user” in the upper right corner. Fill out the form and then send. The new user should receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
2. PROCESS MEASURES
Click on the “Process Measure Data Entry” tab.
Process measure data are entered quarterly, preferrably by the end of the month following the quarter. Below is a list of the deadlines:
Q1: April 30
Q2: July 31
Q3: October 31
Q4: January 31
Utilize two separate systems to identify these patients. Some systems that may be utilized:
- Delivery Log: list of women identified as being hypertensive
- EHR: list of women who had a hypertension code (click here for a list of codes)
- Pharmacy Records: list of women who received Labetalol, hydralazine or nifedipine
- Pyxis (or other medication dispensary system) report of patients who had Hydralazine, Labetalol or Nifedipine pulled from the dispensary
- Use the AIM Process Measures Data Collection Tool
3. STRUCTURE MEASURES
The structure measures are entered one time. Once a structure is implemented at your facility, the approximate date of implementation is entered into the field.
Log in to the AIM Data Portal. The structure measures are likely on the first screen as you log in, under the “Structure Measures Data Entry” tab.
What does a protocol to “support patients, family and staff through major OB complications” look like?
Policies should have been updated within the last 3 years and provide a unit-standard approach to:
- using a stage-based management plan with checklists
- ensures availability to OB hemorrhage supplies at all times
- Click here for sample hemorrhage policy